Saturday, August 11, 2012

Super snoozer


 Of course I'm going to jinx it by blogging about this, but over the past few weeks Bjorn has turned into about the easiest napper imaginable. (I figured I'd better record this for posterity in case his nap habits do deteriorate at some later date; then I can at least look back on this period fondly!) He also seems to be pretty snoozy for a big baby of almost 3 months -- he still rarely stays awake for more than an hour or so before starting to yawn again. For his multiple morning and afternoon naps, I can generally just swaddle him, give him a pacifier, place him in his vibrating froggy chair in a quiet spot, maybe give it a couple of bounces or rub his head once or twice, and then walk away. Within a few minutes he is asleep, with no crying or requiring any further attention from me. After 2 1/2 years of dealing with Leif's short napping and nap-resisting tendencies, Bjorn's ability to put himself to sleep so easily at such a young age seems pretty amazing to me. You mean some babies really do this??!?

If anyone is loving this nap situation more than me, it is Leif, because Bjorn's easy and frequent napping has meant that Leif can monopolize Mommy's attention for a greater percentage of the day and, at least at those times, imagine that it's still the "good old days" when he was the only kiddo around these parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment